The newest casino to open in Illinois, Rivers Casino in Des Plaines offers a one-of-a kind gaming and entertainment experience in the Chicagoland area. Located just minutes from O’Hare International Airport, the property features a 44,000 square foot casino floor in a 147,000 square foot facility, 30,000 square feet of first-class food and beverage, an entertainment venue, and a five-story parking garage.
The opening of Rivers Casino, a Midwest Gaming and Entertainment property, created hundreds of construction jobs in addition to more than 1,000 permanent positions within the property.
Midwest Gaming & Entertainment, LLC (“Midwest Gaming”) is a partnership between affiliates of Neil Bluhm and Clairvest Group Inc. Collectively the partners bring a wide range of development and gaming experience to Rivers Casino, having developed, constructed and managed casinos, luxury hotels, and other hospitality businesses around the world.
LEED (Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design) Certification
The casino has applied to be the country’s first LEED certified casino – and was designed and built with environmentally friendly materials and processes, including the following features:
- HVAC system upgrades intended to provide 16% energy savings, more fresh air supply above a standard design and more comfort for operating 24 hours a day
- Casino operations include a single stream recycling plan reducing the amount of waste delivered to landfills and non-irrigated landscaping with native species
- Interior living green walls found throughout the property to provide better air quality and comfort for occupants
- Electric car charging stations are provided at valet parking for facility and customer use
- One of the largest covered parking garages in the country with LED lights throughout stretching over a half-million total square feet
Additionally, employees are encouraged to go green as the building provides bike racks and shower facilities for employees. Environmentally conscious visitors will be rewarded with free valet parking for hybrid/electric vehicles.
World-renowned architects and designers created the Rivers Casino facility.
- Architect: Klai Juba Architects
- Casino Interior Designer: Cleo Design
- Food & Beverage Architect/Designer: DMAC Architecture
The premier casino and entertainment destination consists of 44,000 square feet of gaming excitement, complete with top-of-the-line slots and a wide selection of popular table games with the highest table limits in Illinois.
The Player’s Club program allows members to earn points for play, receive invitations to promotions, special events, monthly mail offers, discounts at select Rivers restaurants, priority lines and other exciting benefits, called Rush Rewards.
All food and beverage venues are located at ground level. They are designed to be inviting, comfortable and moderately priced. All diners must be 21 or above to enter.
Rivers Casino boasts a variety of dining options to fulfill every craving.
- Hugo’s Frog Bar and Chop House – Operated by the Gibsons Restaurant Group, featuring Prime Angus Beef, lobster tails, king crab legs, fresh fish and seafood and an extensive wine list
- MianBar – Asian noodle shop featuring authentic dim sum, noodles, and more
- FLIPT – Casual grill serving freshly made burgers, specialty sandwiches, salads, fries, onion rings and homemade milkshakes
- Canopy Buffet – Fresh prepared cuisine with ingredients delivered daily at nine different stations: salads, homemade soups, pizzas, Italian cuisine, carving stations, comfort food featuring a vertical rotisserie, Asian station including wok grills, sushi, and seafood
- Coffee Spot – Hand crafted coffee drinks featuring a house coffee blend by Chicago-based Metropolis Coffee company, sandwiches, and homemade pastries and desserts
- Lotus Lounge – Sophisticated cocktail lounge in the center of the casino floor featuring custom cocktails developed by acclaimed mixologists Drew Levinson and Bridget Albert and custom crafted brews by Half Acre Beer Co.
- Cube – Rivers Casino entertainment offerings include Cube, a multipurpose and versatile venue which easily transforms from a lively sports bar to a live performance venue or happening night club. Cube features a state-of-the-art A/V system with top-of-the-line technology featuring LED backdrop screens an outdoor patio with a fireplace, and more.
Rivers Casino is expected to generate more than $150 million in annual gambling tax revenue that will benefit the State of Illinois, the City of Des Plaines and economically burdened communities.
The casino features a five-story parking garage complete with 1,500 garage parking spaces and 750 surface parking spaces. Valet is also available.
Situated at the northwest corner of S. Des Plaines River Road and Devon Avenue on approximately 20 acres, Rivers Casino is conveniently located just off the busy I-294 Tollway. The site is just minutes from O’Hare International Airport, 16 miles from downtown Chicago and easily accessible from throughout metropolitan Chicago.
3000 S. Des Plaines River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60018